New to diving: Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys,

I am still quite new to diving and just stumbled across this forum. There's this question that has been bugging me for quite a while now.

I'm going to Bali mid-April for two weeks, and I was hoping someone could tell whether it's gonna be much different compared to diving in Australia where I got my SSI Certification. When I mean different I mean in terms of conditions, safety, procedures or anything that's related to diving in any way.

While at it, I was hoping to get some additional information regarding dive spots close to Candidasa or Lovina Beach.

You guys would help me out big time!

-Erwin

Hi Erwin

What kind of conditions did you have in Aussie?? Some of the dive sites in Bali can be quite tricky, with strong currents, up currents and down currents on some sites, but a food dive centre will only take you to dive sites appropriate for your level of training. Having said that, the local diving near Padang Bai/Blue Lagoon area is used for training divers so can be more reliable for the novice diver.

If you would like more information, or a tailormade dive (and accommodation, if you wish) package, email me through the links in my signature, we are a 22 roomed dive resort in Padang Bai.

Speak soon Erwin :cool2:

Hi Erwin,

Bali really does have a great variety of dive locations for you to chose from, and some gerat easy dive sites too for those divers like yourself who are maybe lacking experience in deeper dives or ones with strong currents.

The USAT Liberty Wreck in the North East of Bali would be a perfect example of somewhere you could get yourself wet as a novice diver but still get to see one of the most famous wreck dives in the world.

When i was in Bali i dived with a company called Blue Season Bali - (actually i did a lot of professional training with them) and i couldn't recommend them highly enough.

This is their website www.blueseasonbali.com; all the staff there are first class and the guides you get on the dives are awesome - ask in particular for Putu, you'll see what i mean when you dive with him!

P

Hi there Erwin,

I can definitely recommend staying and diving in East Bali.

If you decide to stay in Padang Bai you have access to many dive sites. You also get to see a bit of real Bali!! It cuts out the long transfers every day and makes life a lot easier. There are a wide range of dive sites here suitable to your level. It is also only just over an hour to Tulamben (the Liberty wreck) and Amed.

There is a wide range of accomodation available from budget rooms to 5 star in the vicinity - so I am sure that you could find something to suit your needs.

We are a 5 star PADI resort in Padang Bai and I would be happy to put together a package for you with your level / preferences in mind....

Let me know if I can be of assistance.:D

best fishes

Cynthia

Dive Bali Indonesia with Gekodive

gekodive@indosat.net.id

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the great replies they've been a real eye-opener!
Unfortunately I'm kind off stuck to a pre-made schedule because the trip is organized by my Uni.. There's a window of 4 days in which I can do whatever I want, they've just told me I'm gonna be staying in Lovina Beach those days. If anyone's got any good recommendations for Dive Operators in Lovina going to the shipwreck I'd love to hear it!

Or if anyone knows any good alternatives to the shipwreck, quite well reachable from Lovina, I'm very interested as well!

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the great replies they've been a real eye-opener!
Unfortunately I'm kind off stuck to a pre-made schedule because the trip is organized by my Uni.. There's a window of 4 days in which I can do whatever I want, they've just told me I'm gonna be staying in Lovina Beach those days. If anyone's got any good recommendations for Dive Operators in Lovina going to the shipwreck I'd love to hear it!

Or if anyone knows any good alternatives to the shipwreck, quite well reachable from Lovina, I'm very interested as well!

Menjangan Island is accessible from Lovina. Here's a Review:

Menjangan Island Scuba Diving | Dive Happy

Hi Erwin,

We are a dive operator located in Seririt, just 30 minutes from Lovina.
We dive all of the best dive sites in North Bali. We definitely recommend you Menjangan Island for the most beautiful coral reefs in Bali and Tulamben for easy and amazing wreck diving.
If you like more info, please, write to diving-bali@bali-diving-resort.com
Our multilingual staff speaks Dutch among other languages.

Groetjes en veel duikplezier!

Blue Season -

Please post your free ad in the proper forum

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom