New to diving and need gear help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't buy another mask with side windows or a clear skirt even if they were the only ones that fit right. the glare and reflections make my brain do summer-salts.

welcome to the forums! on a sort of side note from your main question. if you're diving as a marine biologist you will most likely be required to be certified as a scientific diver by an AAUS member (Introduction to AAUS and Scientific Diving). most scientific diver courses only require an open water cert (and sometimes X amount of logged dives) for qualification. i'm in my third year as a marine bio major and it's awesome. good luck!

Clear skirt or black?

:D

Both. My first is clear and I love it. Love the extra light, doesn't effect my picture taking and it's a plus on night dives. Just bought one with a black skirt. Haven't dived with it yet. Hoping two weeks from now. Thought I'd give the black skirt a try. Who knows which will end up as the spare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom