New to California Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TommyScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife has an computer animation conference in August. We will be staying in Santa Monica. I have seen some nice beach dives in the area, but I need a buddy. I was hoping to dive in the morning during the week. Then hang out with her at night. What is the best way to find a buddy?

Asking here is a good start!

once i get a job and know my schedule i will be more then happy to dive during the week in the morning

My wife has an computer animation conference in August. We will be staying in Santa Monica. I have seen some nice beach dives in the area, but I need a buddy. I was hoping to dive in the morning during the week. Then hang out with her at night. What is the best way to find a buddy?

Hello TommyScuba, and welcome to The Beach Crabs.

Like Dave said, This is the best way to find a buddy. check back regularly, I am sure some one will want to go diving with you.

Rick

I thought you had a job, did you get fired already?

John

Haha NO! its an externship that last for 4 weeks :) then i have to find one.

Hey TommyScuba,

I'll do a dive or two with you when you are down here but if you are interested in at least 1 night dive you will have to join us at Veterans Park. Post a new thread in this area about a week before the days you want to dive and I'm sure you will find plenty of buddies along with ideas of where to dive.

Siggraph ? That's one of the cooler computer conferences to go to, always some innovative stuff there.

Anyways, yeah you posted to the right place. When you know the days you want to dive, post here, and you'll most likely find someone to go with. You should try to make one of the boat dives out to Catalina. Socal diving doesn't get much better than there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom