New to BC and looking for Mainland shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwissie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My partner and I just moved from Ontario to BC and have dove here a few times, but only at Kelvin Grove. Where else is there to dive other than Whytecliff, which can be waaay to busy for my liking. I'm not against freshwater dives either. I just have to say, the diving out here is spectacular! It's nice to see something other than bass and carp in the water for a change.

Check out the following website. It should provide a good starting point.

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/Canada/index.htm

There are books available as well on diving in the lower mainland, check out your favorite LDS. :wink: When you find an LDS they will be able to give you info on good dive sites as well.

Bill.

Thanks for the link Bill. We are planning on heading out diving this weekend and then going to the fireworks. I'm sure that we'll be able to find a great site to try.

Kwissie:
My partner and I just moved from Ontario to BC and have dove here a few times, but only at Kelvin Grove. Where else is there to dive other than Whytecliff, which can be waaay to busy for my liking. I'm not against freshwater dives either. I just have to say, the diving out here is spectacular! It's nice to see something other than bass and carp in the water for a change.

This message is too late for Sunday (Lookout Express) I am sure (it's 12:16 in the morning). But we are heading out on Monday morning (Furry Creek) and later in the week (Lookout Express again) as well.

Message me to get more details.
Henry

I'm sorry I missed your message Henry. We ended up going to Sechelt on the weekend and it was lovely. We did Howe Sound on Monday and could not have picked a better day. Saw our first six gill shark! Can't believe how lucky we were.

Kwissie:
I'm sorry I missed your message Henry. We ended up going to Sechelt on the weekend and it was lovely. We did Howe Sound on Monday and could not have picked a better day. Saw our first six gill shark! Can't believe how lucky we were.

That sounds great. Let me know if you want to hit some of the other local sites.

Henry

Man, there are 6 gills popping up all over the place. Whytecliff, Howe Sound, Kelvin grove, and who knows where else.

Trying to find time to dive right now. Damn busy schedule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom