New Thead for a New diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvoodoo83

Reaction score
Hello Im a New Diver just compleating my open water corse with SSI im New to ScubaBoard.com when im finshed where should i go from there what is the best specialty diver course let me know what u think.

~dvoodoo83 :54:

hi and welcome aboard!

you should do some diving, practice your skills for a little bit, and let your interests
dictate what you do from there.

Welcome to the diving community. The best advice is to Dive, Dive and Dive some more. Find other people form your OW class or other friends who dive. Join a diveclub in your area and go to one of their group dives. There a number of dives set up by scuba board members in the local dive areas check those out but to paraphrase Nike "Just Dive"

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

I have to agree with the others. Your better off to dive, dive, dive and see what your interests are. Talk to some of your dive masters or diving friends and see what classes they got the most enjoyment out of. One thing I would suggest, perhaps even before being concerned about actual "specialty certifications" is the advanced open water class. The navigation skills alone, if you keep up the knowledge after class, could at worst case scenario save your life and at best case save you a heck of a surface swim.

Hi DVD, welcome to SB!
Get some dive experience and get a feel for what you might enjoy, the work on those specialties.

Back
Top Bottom