New Tech SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the usual 'brass and glass' SPG made in Italy and as others have mentioned it's on the Dive Gear Express site too, it's available in 2.0 and 2.5 inch face versions. We don't post their photo, we use our own and ship from whomever has the best price at the moment since they are all the same. Just order it, and in the special instructions at checkout just write "Please select spg with Dive Rite logo".

Can I get one with a Hello Kitty logo? :D

j/k

good info, thanks for posting.

Well I finally got the tech SPG.....I am glad i didn't take the advice of other posts because not all SPG are the same. Maybe alot are made from the same manufacture, but the ones that I have are not the same. This new Tech spg is close to my HOG spg. My Halcyon is different and my old Dive rite is totally different. Here is a pic after my dive today.
IMAG0173.jpg

It took me upwards of 90 seconds to find one on the dive rite express web site. I'd post the link but I think you are being awfully lazy.
:confused: Ummm you are wrong. I am not lazy. Dive gear express doesnt have it listed, Just So you know what I am talking about this......

Gauge_Group_PSI_BAR-640.jpg

Is not what I am looking for. Next time try a little harder. :no:

They also say PSI instead of PSI.G and have the CE ratings on them, but the only difference is in the plastic card they stuck in there. Glad you found it and that you're happy with it, but still agree with your comment that you may be a smidgen OCD.
I do tend to pay a bit more attention to my SPG once I get below 1k, so have never noticed the 500psi increments...

Stupid Question maybe. I just bought two of these in BAR (the 2.5") which read up to 300 Bar.

On the back however, it has a sticker that says "Max Pressure, 200 Bar /2900 PSI". Whats the deal? Are they actually no good as a tech SPG? All my fills here would be to 232 BAR

I use them on my 232 bar singles & doubles, & have done so for years without a problem.

As my fills rarely exceed 230 bar (cold) I don't see it as a big deal. If I was using 300 bar tanks, I wouldn't use them.

Look at the date of the OP. They had a different image back then.

Back
Top Bottom