new statue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rgkv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First time seeing the new statue, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Screenshot_20230407_105820_Gallery.jpg

Strange looking. Any idea what culture it comes from? Maybe one of the Meso-American groups?
I‘m thinking it must be a purpose-made hollow casting since those holes visible in several places could be to allow air to escape. Not very appealing to my eye but certainly attention getting.
🐸

Wth?

It was pretty clear, when I was in the DR, that they were "off" a bit. But come on....

At least theyre adding more habitat though. Dont want to discourage that. Even if that statue is one moray eel away from endless nightmares.

It is a tribute to the mother of the TRINA tribe?? not sure of her tribe name right now. the first peoples of the Dominican Republic . They were the ones who met Cristopher Columbus and the first with colonization .

Strange looking. Any idea what culture it comes from? Maybe one of the Meso-American groups?
I‘m thinking it must be a purpose-made hollow casting since those holes visible in several places could be to allow air to escape. Not very appealing to my eye but certainly attention getting.
🐸
Probably the Taino's as those were the indigenous people that lived here. I dove it a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom