new Spear fishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stu801

Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently started diving again and have moved to the Great state of Louisiana. I however, know no one here and I am interested in Spear fishing off of the coast of LA. I have a boat and have done a fair amount of fishing and now I am looking for someone to dive with so that I can go shoot the fish I am unable to catch..
Please e-mail me if you are interested in diving /spearfishing. I am looking to go asap..!!!

thanks

You should get some responses as we have several members who spearfish in the Gulf.

Enjoy your time here and it would help if you fill out your profile.

What part of Louisiana are you from? I live in St. Tammany Parish and I'm also just starting diving again. Maybe we can hook up one day if your close...

Welcome, Stu801. Where are you in Louisiana and what kind of boat do you plan to use? Most divers east of the Mississippi River dive either out of Grand Isle, Fourchon (Grand Isle or South Timbalier oil rig blocks), or near the mouth of the river out of Venice or Empire (South Pass or West Delta oil rig blocks). Folks west of the river are closer to Pecan Island (Vermilion or East Cameron oil blocks). The diving and spearfishing is a bit different in each area. Diveable rigs can be reached within 10 miles out of the mouth of the river at South Pass, but diving the other areas generally requires about a 30-40 mile run to good rigs. Do you have experience spearfishing at oil rigs? I grew up spearfishing all along the coast, and I'd be glad to share what I know.

Check out spearboard.com I am a spearfisherman, and spend a lot of time on that board. You'll find others in your area. The rigs offer some of the best spearfishing in the world!

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom