New sorting board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I finally built a sorting board.
I have a new job for shore support. I need a couple willing volunteers to dump out bags of urchins on it and sort out all the by-catch such as turban snails, tiny abalone, rocks, red and black urchins, and any other by-catch that might have inadvertently made it into a game bag. Plus the large urchins can be sorted out for those that would like to consume them.
IMG_1789.jpeg
When you’re done sorting out the by-catch and whatever else, you tilt it up and slide the urchins out the open end into a can. Easy peazy.

By-catch has been a problem and a cause for some concern so I’ve been wanting to build one of these for a while now.
I built it out of scrap I had laying around, but if the concept works well then I may build some nice ones out of new material. I want to see any tweaks I may need to do before I commit to building trick ones.
Of course without willing volunteer shore support this sorting board will not get much use, so if you want to get involved but don’t necessarily want to dive, or don’t dive, this would be a great job to do.
Good shore support is very important and I really appreciate anybody willing to volunteer.

You’d be surprised at how many tourists stop to beach comb there and end up going home with free urchins!

Because stuff rolls and stuff doesn't roll and its not Santa Rosa Seafood Company

Eric should follow fencers around and build bookshelves for weekend markets during Freedom Plate downtimes

Have you seen the magnificent, Freedom Plate

61 070.JPG

Eric makes them, did you realise, they are shiny

can you see how it's moulded to back contours

Back
Top Bottom