New (soon To Be Certified) Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JM67

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Good evening all from Texas.

Going to be certified in a few weeks....already started trawling the classifieds for some gear.

Just got back from an intro dive in HI and hooked again (scuba'd in Europe a few years ago)

Thanks

howdy and welcome from south Florida.......

Welcome to SB! When purchasing used equipment, especially as a new diver be sure to have it checked out by a shop and serviced if required.

Welcome to the boards!

Welcome to SB! When purchasing used equipment, especially as a new diver be sure to have it checked out by a shop and serviced if required.

Excellent advice. Also, don't be in a hurry to get gear. It's okay to not have something for when you get certified and when you keep diving more regularly you will get to chat with people about their gear, demo things, or rent things that will give you a good idea of what you don't like or do like.

Welcome to the boards!

Excellent advice. Also, don't be in a hurry to get gear. It's okay to not have something for when you get certified and when you keep diving more regularly you will get to chat with people about their gear, demo things, or rent things that will give you a good idea of what you don't like or do like.

Thanks for the great advice, I was looking at getting some fins, booties and a mask for the moment, so I can practice with those item and get comfortable. Thanks again

Thanks for the great advice, I was looking at getting some fins, booties and a mask for the moment, so I can practice with those item and get comfortable. Thanks again

Oh, right, I forgot about the more personal items. Those I definitely like having ahead of time. :) It's nice to have those at least be consistent every time you dive, especially the mask. Finding the perfect fit wasn't so easy. Have fun and be safe!

Oh, right, I forgot about the more personal items. Those I definitely like having ahead of time. :) It's nice to have those at least be consistent every time you dive, especially the mask. Finding the perfect fit wasn't so easy. Have fun and be safe!

Absolutely - looking forward to getting started....my intro dive in Maui only wet the whistle......stoked to be finally moving forward with this.

Back
Top Bottom