Question New Sony FE Lens - Tamron 20-40mm F2.8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwch

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
New Tamron 20-40mm F2.8 is going to be really nice all-around one lens for all wide angle and some portraits shots.
Both underwater and travel photography. I was quite happy with Tamron 20mm F2.8 results underwater.

20mm has macro magnification 1:2 ... new 20-40mm arround 1:4.
It is not true macro but 20mm you can get pretty close and have "some kind of macro" shoots.

Does anyone plan invest or have and tried 20-40mm F2.8 underwater :)?

I have used the Zeiss 16-35 underwater but find I never zoom under water, just use set focal length. For walking around street, I use the Sony 24 f1.4. ( I wish it fit in my housing and port. ) In general, zooms don’t have the sharpness of the fixed focal length lenses and most times I can just move forward or back a bit or crop.

New Tamron 20-40mm F2.8 is going to be really nice all-around one lens for all wide angle and some portraits shots.
Both underwater and travel photography. I was quite happy with Tamron 20mm F2.8 results underwater.

It is not true macro but 20mm you can get pretty close and have "some kind of macro" shoots.

20-40mm is a bit of a strange range behind a dome

I have the 17-28mm much more interesting option. You will rarely shoot 28-40mm underwater and behind a dome you can't get close. You are better off with a fisheye with a teleconverter

Update as I have this lens
It works well with Nauticam 180mm wide angle port and 35mm extension on N100 to N120 35.5mm adapter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom