New Sony 10-18 or 16/2,8 + vcl conversion lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zvalle

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I was going to order a wideangel set up to my nex-5 with the 16/2,8 together with the conversion lens when i notice that sony is coming with a wideangel zoom 10-18mm in November.

I wonder if the 10-18mm lens is a better choice for better optical results or its good enough with 16mm and vcl lens.
I know i cant zoom when the camera is in the house so in any case i have to decided before how wide i should shoot.
I also notice that it also be a little bit cheaper with the 16mm and the 2 vcl lenses but i dont care about it, it only the results of the photo i care about.

Regards Z

Hi,
I was going to order a wideangel set up to my nex-5 with the 16/2,8 together with the conversion lens when i notice that sony is coming with a wideangel zoom 10-18mm in November.

I wonder if the 10-18mm lens is a better choice for better optical results or its good enough with 16mm and vcl lens.
I know i cant zoom when the camera is in the house so in any case i have to decided before how wide i should shoot.
I also notice that it also be a little bit cheaper with the 16mm and the 2 vcl lenses but i dont care about it, it only the results of the photo i care about.

Regards Z

I have been using the 16 vcl combos. They work, but I am not impressed with image quality. Much better with the new Sigma 19 mm. However, it's not a super wide like the new Sony zoom. I would wait before buying a Wide angel untIl there are a few reviews on the 10-18mm.

Hi,

Regards Z

Why do you think you can't zoom? Adm. Linda, my GF, has an Aqautica Next 5N housing (she won in the Monterey Shootout) and it has a zoom knob.

Chuck

Why do you think you can't zoom? Adm. Linda, my GF, has an Aqautica Next 5N housing (she won in the Monterey Shootout) and it has a zoom knob.

Chuck

The Nauticam has a zoom gear on the housing also, however as it stands there is no gear and port to fit the lens.....yet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom