New Sea Life DC500 Elite Camera Set - help wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I dive with my wide angle, I attach the lens to the little lanyard AND use the dock when I don't have in mounted on the front of the camera. They HAVE changed the way that you insert the sync cord into the thing that hooks onto the front of the camera. They are now saying that you should push the cord further in so that it points at the camera instead of pointing up. My understanding is that the SEA mode is for use without the strobe and the external strobe us mean for use with the strobe.\
Finally, you will notice a little vingetting (dark spots in the corners of your image) when you use the wide angle lens. This is because the camera's field of view is greater than the attached lens. It is easy to crop down to cut these out of your image. IMO it is a small price to pay to get good color in your pictures by being able to be closer to 'the big guys'. If you have any more than just the corners being dark, I would say that your lens probably wasn't all the way seated on the mount.
One other note- enjoy your camera.

Hey Cheddar Chick - you are amazing! I can't believe that you found his lens for him. He contacted the person and will be picking it up. This SB is amazing and thank you for all of your help! I really look forward to diving with you sometime. TY!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom