new sea life camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think i've decided on ending up with the dc1400 with the dragon flash... working on saving the cash got about $400 so far... just need to talk to Steve @ the shop to see how low he'll go on the package. I'll probably get the accessories on amazon though (the hotshoe adapter for the gopro for example since i would like to have it mounted & filming at the same time)

---------- Post added April 29th, 2014 at 02:26 PM ----------

I did my dives. The lights worked great but for some reason i couldn't figure out the settings on the camera. I am gonna keep on working on it. They mostly came out blurry but i tried the fish eye lens. Maybe i did something wrong.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

how deep were you and what settings did you have it on? and how far away was the subject(s)? closer is better

Well the thing is the lights are nice. Once i get the camera down i will be happier. If you have more knowledge than point and shoot you may want to consist a beefier camera. For me i am point and shoot.

for underwater i want P/S --- don't want to be stuck in macro mode while something interesting swims by -- which may happen on a higher end camera.

You can contact me and I will be more than happy to help you.
I did my dives. The lights worked great but for some reason i couldn't figure out the settings on the camera. I am gonna keep on working on it. They mostly came out blurry but i tried the fish eye lens. Maybe i did something wrong.

If you are using the quick setup modes... when you select the lighting, choose just flash, not the flash and vid light combo. Give that a try as that should clear up a lot of the blurriness common when using the quick setup modes.

As always... YMMV.

Thanks! I am going to try taking land pictures this weekend at shark con then hopefully I will be able to dive again soon. My equipment is in the shop at the moment.

i finally got to try out my camera sat night with the dragon flash on it. Pictures for the most part turned out ok considering it was my 1st time taking night pix with it and dealing with the flash, and 2 other diver's dive lights...

I got slightly blurred pics the first time I tried mine out too when I used the 16 mm lens. If you look in the 16 mm lens manual (not the camera manual) users are told to set the focus on the DC1400 to "macro" or "super macro" to get focussed shots with the 16mm lens. I have had no trouble with blurring since I used these setting with the wide lens.

I got slightly blurred pics the first time I tried mine out too when I used the 16 mm lens. If you look in the 16 mm lens manual (not the camera manual) users are told to set the focus on the DC1400 to "macro" or "super macro" to get focussed shots with the 16mm lens. I have had no trouble with blurring since I used these setting with the wide lens.

Have you found a solution to this? I've set to Macro, I've removed the lens and replaced it underwater, etc. No luck and all blurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom