New SB - Printing and Tapatalk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count me as another who accessed the site almost exclusively through Tapatalk. Suddenly it just stopped working without any notice. I read and post to online forums using my mobile devices. Rarely do I go through the web browser interface. Can't say that I'm a fan of the way this was handled. I will probably not read or contribute as often as I used to.

@KenGordon I was thinking about that, would a supporter level be able to have access to tapatalk.

I think there may not be a simple solution. How much ad revenue does one user produce in a year?

does that ad revenue change year over year so as to increase the cost of not having users viewing the ads?

It goes on and on.

As a note, I would be willing to pay to use tapatalk, if it was a reasonable amount.

EDIT: I came back to add something and forgot what it was. ohh hell, i need more coffee.

Reactions: Jax
1. Can't find the "show thread in printable format" anymore. Where can I find it??

there was never an answer to this as it got lost in the focus on TT.....

Any info?

No answer on how to show threads in printable format. Also, looks like the option to increase the number of posts displayed per page was also removed. :(.

I don't think that option - show printable threads - is currently available. Whether it can be added is something we'll have to check into. It could require a plug-in which has to be found/purchased/installed.

Sorry I overlooked the question, I also thought this thread was mostly about tapatalk.

Number of posts/page is currently fixed. It's another thing that might be adjusted later. It appears to be a global board setting so we'll have to discuss/evaluate it first since the board is now viewable natively across all platforms.

Last edited:
20 posts/page ^ is the standard we've settled on. Since it's a global setting that will remain unless we can find an optional plug-in that allows users to set it individually.

Count me as another who accessed the site almost exclusively through Tapatalk. Suddenly it just stopped working without any notice. I read and post to online forums using my mobile devices. Rarely do I go through the web browser interface. Can't say that I'm a fan of the way this was handled. I will probably not read or contribute as often as I used to.

Ditto. I loved accessing SB via TapaTalk because of the notifications, and I used to peruse SB along with a number of other forums that are integrated with TT so it was a "one stop" sort of thing for me on a daily basis. It's a shame that no middle ground could've been found.

From tapatalk you can flip about between different forums and it all looks and works the same.

The views are optimised for looking at new stuff.

You do not need to scroll down a page reading content, get to the bottom/end of the thread and then scroll all the way back to the top again to press the new posts button.

It is all a bit crap really.

Tapatalk isn't very good, it doesn't handle off line at all well, but it is better than this.
At the moment the left 40% of my screen is blank. Remember that for every pixel wasted a puppy dies a horrible death .

Tapatalk is/was a great way to view sites with a consistent interface optimised for mobile devices. Requiring an app for each site makes it more effort than its worth.

It's a shame they ditched it but i guess advertising spam and banners win out. At least i have adblock plus on the desktop to make the site semi readable albeit a lot less frequently.

not fair. I loved using tapatalk . Specially for SB forums.

Back
Top Bottom