new resort in Anilao (Mainit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the amount of trash in the area and being a muck diving site, maybe it is more appropriate to name the site as "the new Basura dive site" instead of secret bay. I noticed also that there seems to be an open garbage dump site and when I was about to leave last sunday, I saw some garbages being burned which is quite near to the beach.

I don't know if the person who started this was advertising, however, as I mentioned I have been to this resort and now stayed there.

I have very mixed feelings. The Dive operation is fantastic, all new gear (although that does not bother me as I have my own kit) brand new compressor etc. They say they do Nitrox, but I can't confirm that, they certainly had some big oxygen tanks, but I did not see any way for mixing. I had some nice dives at Mainit point and Maricaban Island, it certainly is convenient for those sites. Dive staff were super friendly and helpful. I had to cut my trip short because of the typhoon which came in.

The resort is large for Anilao, the rooms are very spacious and well appointed with flat screen TV's and large beds. Only complaint would be a lot is in Korean with no English translation and there was no "in room" guide with things like meal times, room service etc.

The food was terrible or non-existant. it seems they just do breakfast which left a massive amount to be desired. If they served other meals, there was no hint of this, no menu, no buffet, nada!

The resort has 3 swimming pools of huge proportions, one heated by hot springs and covered, one fresh water (although it was not very clean) and one salt water.

The place was almost deserted, there were maybe two families there.

The resort does not own the sea front, consequently it is more like a deserted muddy plot of land at the sea front, not a problem for me, but if I took the wife along this would be a massive problem.

The staff were VERY polite, almost too polite if that's possible.

Other facilities were very good:

3 billard tables, countless karaoke rooms a hot spring fed sauna etc

The reception and dining area are very nice, 4 star hotel style, but again it was rather deserted with the gift shop closed.

I asked when they were going to open properly, and they said "Oh we are fully open"... Fully open and hardly any guests... it's like a ghost resort.

Personally, I like a resort where I can enjoy good diving and spend a relaxing afternoon with my wife in the pool. Eagle Point has everything I want and it's cheaper than Sea Springs. The only plus sea springs has is slightly better rooms, and easier access (you can park your car right next to your room).

Bottom line... this could be an Amazing resort, but it's not, it seems poorly maintained and lacks customers, hopefully it will pickup when the season starts early next year, but I won't be going back.

Hope that helps anyone interested.

"I saw some garbages being burned which is quite near to the beach."

Beach? what Beach?

I concur with your findings.

wonder why the LGU is not monitoring this resort, wheres the 50peso dail dive fee going to, sunds like an ecological disaster waiting to happen, seems resort owners are not concerned

just for the record, my posting was in no way an endorsement or advertising for this resort. it was more of a heads up that,after years of constructiona and apparently a lack of concern for the environment this monstrosity was open

I had the chance to dive with Sea's Spring in the past 2 weekends. The dive shop is operated separately by Fun Dive Asia. They have nitrox now and all their rental gear are brand new, as well as their compressor and tanks.

The resort? Well, they had the mistake of trying to bring non-diving Korean tourists. But they are slowly changing to attract divers. Sea's Spring have dormitory-type rooms that could accommodate groups of 6-8 divers. At the moment, they only offer the rooms with breakfast so you have the option of ordering from their menu. Yes, they have a regular menu now. And they actually do have very polite people working there... most of them are local Batangueños/Batangueñas.

Concern for the environment? The trash we see in front of the resort has always been a problem even before they built the resort there. The owners are doing whatever they can to control the influx of trash coming for the sea. They even built a sea wall to prevent the trash from washing up to the shore, but again, it was another mistake. The wall crashed when the area was hit by one of the recent super typhoons. And the trash? Well, they come from everywhere. As I have seen it, the resort takes care of their trash very well. The burning usually comes from the nearby barangay residents. Even the resort operators are complaining about smoke from the burning leaves and grass coming from outside the resort.

I think the addition of a proper dive operation at Sea's Spring would benefit divers who wants to dive around the Mainit area and Maricaban. It is also easy to get boats from Mainit as most dive boats are parked in the area.

If you're into comfort food, the Diver Pod makeshift resto beside the dive shop serves good Balayan View menu since the chef now works there. For 200 pesos the pancit guisado and coke litro fed 5 of us.

Yup, I would like to second that. Was with prandy that time when we decided to do our safety stop at diver's pod. Pancit was good, and it was prandy's treat!

will do three dives today at not so secret bay. will see if i can roam the resort during surface interval.

checked out divers pod beside the resort. they don't sell kropek :C

yup ! lots of critters !

the not so secret bay, had several boats with divers today.

did 3 dives , 3pm, 430pm and 7pm

saw an eel that liked going into warm holes in not so secret bay

and, and emperor shrimp residing on a nudibranch

several nudis, ornate pipefish, cockateil scorpion fishes, octopussies (more than one), cuttle fish and ornate cuttlefish, loads of eels, shrimps,

night dive would give you a nice scene on the hot vents all around, and don't forget the flounders roaming everywhere.

resort, yes friendly front counter, however it seems that improvements around the perimeter has stopped .

they should sink those deccaying trucks by the shore and have them as artificial reef.

better to check in the resort if you plan to do a marathon dive for critter photo shoot.

Back
Top Bottom