new resort in Anilao (Mainit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I frequent many resorts in Anilao, I have seen Sea springs from dives there and have been curious. Tomorrow I'm booked in there for 3 nights, I'll report my findings, but my expectation is that it will not come close to Eagle point.

Any personal info or recommendation on this place?

Or is this just an advert posted in the wrong section?

Yes please give us a report.
It is often quite windy on that side of the pennisula.
I was very disappointed in the place.
Although we did not stay there we had a day use, which I believe was $12 US per day.
Only included towels and use of pools/showers, no food included.
The pools were not maintained, and the warm pool had quite a bit of algae in it.
The restaurant didn't have it's act together and so we just drank beer. SM in the can only.
Wifi was off, and the electricity was on, then off, then on, then off.
Showers were the same way, most not working.
That was a few months ago and hopefully it will be better for you.

It is an ugly monstrosity of a resort and stands out like a sore thumb in the bay. It also wouldn't hurt them to clean their beach front up.

The resort has been operating for a while now. There have been reports that its presence caused the decline in the quantity of macro life in Secret Bay. I remember there was a recent thread about that here.

During certain times of the year though, the area becomes a good staging point for dives and it may be convenient for some to avail of the dive shop's services.

Agree that it stands out like a sore thumb, and that they should at least clean up the beach front.

Well I had the misfortune of staying there last January...had seen it on a prior trip being built and thought it looks nice and enough and its house reef is Secret Bay so I'll give it a try. It really, really primarily caters to a Korean non-diving tourist. The dive operation was just left so much to be desired and, among other things, the divemasters fully expected you to limit yourself to near 30 minute dives every time! I could go on and on..they really aren't close to figuring it out at the time of my visit. Resort itself was nice enough...no complaints with the rooms, and had some pools that were fed by hot springs that were very nice. Food was pretty much all Korean if you had a package there. That was only my second trip to Anilao, but Secret Bay was wayyyyy different that the first time I went there. My first trip I would have been happy if I only dove that site every day there was so much there...the second time it was just barren by comparison. Whether the resort has anything to do with that I have no idea.

Have to agreed that the focus of this resort caters to the non-diving tourist. And for the size of the place it is for large groups (Koreans), and I would imagine arriving by boat. there are way better resorts along the other side of the pennisula.

stayed there last September 17 and 18 and joined a clean-up dive organized as part of the international coastal clean-up efforts. Although the rooms are nice, the food is somewhat ok but there is room for improvement. Admittedly however, the beach frontage is really littered with trash and we manage to pick up tons of debris. Even saw a discarded tire underwater at about 20 feet, but could not manage to bring it ashore. Maybe you guys out there can organize another clean-up dive and include the same in your itinerary. But the resort, which farms out its dive operations, has a new dive operator (same guys who manages the dive operations at bambu), with spanking new tanks and compressor.

stayed there last September 17 and 18 and joined a clean-up dive organized as part of the international coastal clean-up efforts. Although the rooms are nice, the food is somewhat ok but there is room for improvement. Admittedly however, the beach frontage is really littered with trash and we manage to pick up tons of debris. Even saw a discarded tire underwater at about 20 feet, but could not manage to bring it ashore. Maybe you guys out there can organize another clean-up dive and include the same in your itinerary. But the resort, which farms out its dive operations, has a new dive operator (same guys who manages the dive operations at bambu), with spanking new tanks and compressor.

I was there on Sunday the weekend of the clean up. Didn't appear as though the volunteers were able to even put a dent in the amount of trash.
Wonder how long it will be before they remove the seized up/rusted out lorry sitting in front of the resort!

Back
Top Bottom