New Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reg is completely disassembled now. I am getting ready to order a new duckbill and repair kit from Bryan at vintagedoublehose.com, and this baby should be back together before the end of the month.

Turtleguy:
Aloha Creed
How did it look inside? Any corrosion? How was the diaphragm?
AlohaTurtleguy

The duckbill was crumbling. The lp seat is starting to deteriorate. But the diaphram was soft and in wonderful condition, and the parts were largely free of corrosion and damage. I plan on picking up a repair kit, an octo adapter(to make testing the ip easier), and a new duckbill from Bryan. It should be back together and ready for testing within another week or so.

Glad to hear it was not in bad shape. Duckbills are not very durable and are kind of one of those predive tuneup items--open it up--toss in a new one. Now if we were "modern" divers we would have to turn our regulators over to the LDS who has been given from on high the special knowledge we mere mortals could not possibly have, have all of our tanks re-VIPed, confess our sins to the the local dive master and flog ourselves with jelly fish tentacles for even thinking we could rebuild a simple regulator!!! Hey, if you got any parts left over just toss'em in a drawer some place or under the bed, probably extras anyways, don't need all that stuff in there, just makes things more complicated. N

Nemrod:
Glad to hear it was not in bad shape. Duckbills are not very durable and are kind of one of those predive tuneup items--open it up--toss in a new one. Now if we were "modern" divers we would have to turn our regulators over to the LDS who has been given from on high the special knowledge we mere mortals could not possibly have, have all of our tanks re-VIPed, confess our sins to the the local dive master and flog ourselves with jelly fish tentacles for even thinking we could rebuild a simple regulator!!! Hey, if you got any parts left over just toss'em in a drawer some place or under the bed, probably extras anyways, don't need all that stuff in there, just makes things more complicated. N

Repair it? God help me if they notice that I am already drawing up plans to MAKE one!

Creed

You better watch out not only are you repairing your own gear but you've helped mes get old gear rebuilt that the dive shop said "this pro diver rege can't be rebuilt you've got a good paper weight there." I'm sure your email and posts are being tapped probably your phone too. Looks like a good reg nice going.

PADI Knight:
Creed

You better watch out not only are you repairing your own gear but you've helped mes get old gear rebuilt that the dive shop said "this pro diver rege can't be rebuilt you've got a good paper weight there." I'm sure your email and posts are being tapped probably your phone too. Looks like a good reg nice going.

How does the Pro Diver breathe? I've been watching a few go by on ebay every once in a while.

Creed,
Be careful when replacing the HP seat. Those things can go "sproing..." and bounce into the next room (G). However, the only real danger is when replacing the seat,spring, filter and clip. That is, a tiny piece of chrome can flake off and fall into the nozzle. If this gets between the HP seat and the HP orifice it can cause a leak.

pescador775:
Creed,
Be careful when replacing the HP seat. Those things can go "sproing..." and bounce into the next room (G). However, the only real danger is when replacing the seat,spring, filter and clip. That is, a tiny piece of chrome can flake off and fall into the nozzle. If this gets between the HP seat and the HP orifice it can cause a leak.

It won't go flying into the next room with this tool.

http://vintagedoublehose.com/cart/i...Path=4&zenid=9d103cfe0b76ee59c0e852f23b9d4fc0

Creed, did you ever get that DA fixed up or is it being used as a door knocker or Kansaw plow blade? N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom