New regulator recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angelo SP regulators here are 1.5 at least the price in Europe. I bought my mk17 G250V in Itally few years ago. Some sellers were still shipping them to NA. The price was really great. They cut a lot of that business now :(

1500 USD are a lot of money. This allows to have the best, which certainly is Scubapro, as many others have pointed out.
I suggest a MK17 and two identical G260: I do not like the idea of a sub-par octopus: if you or your buddy need to use it, you want the best performance, as there is some trouble already.
Furthermore, when you will be ready for stepping up to a safer and more reliable setup, using a backmounted compact twin tank or a pair of side-mounted tanks, you will just need to buy a second MK17.
Regarding the SPG I also suggest to get a cheap simple brass SPG and no console, and invest your money in a decent dive computer, such as the Peregrine.

are 1.5 at least

They are more in the US by around 27% but not for the entire product line. I think that the gap is closing between the US and European prices.

They are more in the US by around 27% but not for the entire product line. I think that the gap is closing between the US and European prices.
Thanks for the accurate numbers! I am glad to hear it’s happening (closing) hopefully in the right direction! :wink:

Thanks for the accurate numbers! I am glad to hear it’s happening (closing) hopefully in the right direction! :wink:

They may be increasing the European prices to match the US :p

I picked up a mk25 evo g260 r195 for like $550usd. look overseas to find better pricing

Thanks for all the advice and recommendations. I ended up ordering a Scubapro Mk25/S620ti along with the R195 octo. I got everything including tax and shipping for a hair over $1100, so I couldn't pass that deal up.

Thanks for all the advice and recommendations. I ended up ordering a Scubapro Mk25/S620ti along with the R195 octo. I got everything including tax and shipping for a hair over $1100, so I couldn't pass that deal up.

Awesome combination!! I wish you many decades of safe, enjoyable and awesome diving!!!

P.S. For around $300 more, you can get an awesome dive computer that does everything you will need at a reasonable price with proven track record (made in the great always US of A):

https://www.oceanicworldwide.com/product/computers/veo-4-0/?v=c2d75724334c

(I have no personal benefit in my recommendations at all, not even remotely)

I ended up just getting a basic b&g spg. I use an Aqualung i330R computer for depth and everything else.

I ended up just getting a basic b&g spg. I use an Aqualung i330R computer for depth and everything else.

That's a great computer from what I hear. Good choice. Now it is time to go diving and enjoy your equipment. Perhaps it will be a good idea to try all of the new equipment in a pool, or a bathtub, before you actually go to dive in open water conditions. I wish you lots of awesome diving!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom