New reg freeflowing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaWim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:06:
The other day I went diving with my AL Titan LX Supreme reg.

I bought it in april this year and had done about 20 dives with it without any problems. But when I opened the tank the other day my reg started to blow out some air. After a shake it blew harder. The VIVA switch had no effect at all.

During the first dive it still was blowing a bit. After the dive it was gone and when I connected again for the second dive I had no problems anymore.

Can anyone tell me if this is a (serious) problem and maybe explain this?

Thanks in advance!

Nothing huge to worry about. sometimes when regs are new, they are adjusted a little too sensitive (i have done it a couple times). They are adjusted for optimum breathability, and then the seat starts to wear a little groove, which eventually develops into a slight leak. Just take it back to where you got it and they will adjust it for you, no problem. It takes 30 seconds.

Thanks, is it something I could do myself? If so, how should I go?

rescuediver009:
Nothing huge to worry about. sometimes when regs are new, they are adjusted a little too sensitive (i have done it a couple times). They are adjusted for optimum breathability, and then the seat starts to wear a little groove, which eventually develops into a slight leak. Just take it back to where you got it and they will adjust it for you, no problem. It takes 30 seconds.

ScubaWim:
Thanks, is it something I could do myself? If so, how should I go?

It is nothing difficult if you are technically inclined, but since the thing is fairly new, I would just take it to where you got it. It is scuh a light job they shouldn't even charge you for it.

All it involves is removing the hose and a little turn with a flathead screwdriver.

Yes, your local shop should check the intermediate pressure for you as well as adjust the cracking pressure. I'm sure they'll do it free--it's great PR and doesn't cost them anything!

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom