New Reg Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrl5549

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I dive a Zeagle BC (Zues) I have scubapro Regs I am looking at buying new regs want to go to Zeagle but can not figure out which reg would might be right for me.

Is the Rzort an easy breathing sport reg?

The hose routing on the unbalance piston design Rezort is less than optimum unless you intend to dive a 3 hose reg you won't like it.
The slightly more expensive Envoy is a balanced diaphram design. Hole routing is not an issue and it is a better performing regulator priced in the sweet spot in Zeagle's product line.
If you pick correctly the first time you need only buy one time!

Thanks Gene. I like my SCUBA Pro it breaths well, I think it is going to be girlfriends reg and I am going to use only Zeagle, But I am still a new diver and learning.

jrl,

I can't imagine the Zeagle's rational for introducing the unbalanced piston Rezort when they already had a full line of balanced diaphragm regs.

I have often recommended the Envoys as entry level (any beyond) regs for warm water diving. They are fine regs.

can't go wrong with the envoy series for themoney and performance

I used to dive an Envoy and it breathed as well at 13 feet as at 133 feet. I'm now using my husband's "old" Flathead VI (he had to have the Flathead 7) and we use my old Envoy primary and secondary I used as our octos. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom