New RED FILTER for GoPro Dive Housing by SRP - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This particular dome will not fit the new GoPro Hero3:wink:

That is definitely not clear from their website. If it is true that this only works with the Hero 1 and 2 housing, Snake River should make that a little more clear on the order page at least. That having been said, I ordered one anyway, as I have a Hero 2 as well that I intend to keep using after the Hero 3 gets here.. I am very interested to see how well this filter works compared to the Backscatter filter I no longer use.

Here it is.
the whole set under a $1000 with 1800 lumens of light and new filter.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 298
1800 lumens? Each light is 1800 lumens? Adding another light adds to the coverage area, but the lumens do not add together. if you have 10 500 lumens lights - its still just 500 lumens, just covering a larger area.

Got mine yesterday! Tight fit, kinda hard to get off and on, till you attach a lanyard to
the bottom ala the Plonguer video, then its no problem. I'll be testing it out in the
caribbean in February!!
Props to SRP..very fast shipping, comes with a neoprene case and caribiner.

Nice to hear that :) I agree with you and that's why naturally I attached the lanyard to the bottom hole.
It's then very very easy and safe too.
Don't hesitate to share your footages !

Nice to hear that :) I agree with you and that's why naturally I attached the lanyard to the bottom hole.
It's then very very easy and safe too.
Don't hesitate to share your footages !

Where exactly are you guys attaching a lanyard? I just got my filter yesterday and its quite fiddly to get on and off, I don't like my chances of keeping hold of this all the time underwater trying to get it on and off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom