New... question about womens bc's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a Pearl I3 and love the quick touch inflation lever and automatic dump valves. What I dislike about it is the jacket. No matter how tight I would tighten the cumberbund or any of the other straps the jacket would ride up and I'd have about 3" of space between me and the shoulder straps. If I should turn quickly or roll over the jacket wouldn't come with me. So, I would have to pause in my dive and take a minute or two to readjust/twist it back into place.

As for the Haclyon BP/W, I'm 5'5" and 140lbs. The whole webbing is adjustable to fit just about any size. DesignerDiver is correct in they also have different sized plates too.

Congrats, Trish on your purchase. :D
thanks my friend:D:wink:

So I started this thread back 6 months ago when I started diving..............I just finally purchased my BC...............in the end went with a Halcyon SS back plate and wing..............so Far I have done 2 dives in it and Love it! You say you wonder how they fit for smal sizes? how small are you? I am 5'4" medium framed about 135lbs .the plate comes in different sizes and is sized based on your torso length:wink:

That's great you've got your new BC. It sounds you made a good choice.

I've looked round the Halcyon sites and their brochures and I thought there were only two sizes for women's (small and regular). I'm 5'3, 115lb so maybe there's one that'll fit.

I'm 5'4" and have been diving an OMS IQ Harness and Wing System for a number of years now, either on a single cylinder or twinset diving.

The IQ Harness is very comfortable and has a removable ali back plate so I can turn it into a soft pack in seconds. Or if I want to add weight because I am local diving I can just slide in a stainless steel backplate with no fuss. I've taken it travelling and regularly dive it in the UK. I consider the OMS IQ Harness a well made, high quality robust no-nonsense product. If you can get your sticky paws on one, give it a dive and see what you think.

HTH.

Hello everybody!
I actually consider buying my own BC. The problem is: I love the bella from scubapro (how it looks, the shape, its features etc) but: I can not try it on, because in germany are only the sizes S to XL available and I would need it in XS (this size is available in almost every other country.....).
I know that the pro qd from seaquest fits me very well in size xs, so this would be the alternative (but I would only buy it if I know the bella will not fit me. I am so in love with this jacket.... ;-) ).
but now I write here because I hope that perhaps somebody can help me with that problem and knows if they would both fit the same person in the same size. I mean, when I know that the seaquest fits, would the bella fit me too? has anybody tried them both on and can say that the fit of both is comparable?
So if it would be so I would try to buy a bella (from abroad) in xs and hope that it fits me :) of course, if it doesn't fit perfectly I would sell it (ebay?) even though I would loose some money on that way and then buy the seaquest. but that would be very sad ^^

I am 5'3" 'small' and 105lb... is here anybody with a similar size who knows if xs is small enough?

I posted the same a few days ago in the equipment-forum. the hole thread can you read here
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...289598-seaquest-pro-qd-vs-scubapro-bella.html
I got the tip to try it in this forum, and perhaps I will get some more answers ;-)
thanks in advice
ela

Hello everybody!
I actually consider buying my own BC. The problem is: I love the bella from scubapro (how it looks, the shape, its features etc) but: I can not try it on, because in germany are only the sizes S to XL available and I would need it in XS (this size is available in almost every other country.....).
I know that the pro qd from seaquest fits me very well in size xs, so this would be the alternative (but I would only buy it if I know the bella will not fit me. I am so in love with this jacket.... ;-) ).
but now I write here because I hope that perhaps somebody can help me with that problem and knows if they would both fit the same person in the same size. I mean, when I know that the seaquest fits, would the bella fit me too? has anybody tried them both on and can say that the fit of both is comparable?
So if it would be so I would try to buy a bella (from abroad) in xs and hope that it fits me :) of course, if it doesn't fit perfectly I would sell it (ebay?) even though I would loose some money on that way and then buy the seaquest. but that would be very sad ^^

I am 5'3" 'small' and 105lb... is here anybody with a similar size who knows if xs is small enough?

I posted the same a few days ago in the equipment-forum. the hole thread can you read here
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...289598-seaquest-pro-qd-vs-scubapro-bella.html
I got the tip to try it in this forum, and perhaps I will get some more answers ;-)
thanks in advice
ela

It will fit you fine. I am the exact same size as you and I tried both of them on. (although I ended up going with the SeaQuest in XS) You will be fine with the XS.
Let me know what you choose!
Happy Diving!

So I started this thread back 6 months ago when I started diving..............I just finally purchased my BC...............in the end went with a Halcyon SS back plate and wing..............so Far I have done 2 dives in it and Love it! You say you wonder how they fit for smal sizes? how small are you? I am 5'4" medium framed about 135lbs .the plate comes in different sizes and is sized based on your torso length:wink:

Congrats on the new BC! I hope you love it for years to come. I wish my BP/W had been my first BC purchase. I couldn't imagine diving anything else.

As for sizing, the smaller plate is fairly new. I'm 5'6 and dive the longer plate (the same one my 6' and taller buddies dive and find it fits me just fine. I imagine if you're any shorter it'd be too long, but I think that between the two plate sizes all the sizing versatility one could ask for is available. (Webbing can be adjusted to fit any size, after all.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom