New - Question about diving in Israel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMLH

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the Board. Got PADI Divemaster certified last month in St Maarten. My husband and I are going to Israel and want to dive Eilat, of course. We also want to dive on the Med side near Haifa or Caesarea. Has anyone ever dived on the Atlit Yam archaeological site? Is it open to divers or is it closed for the archaeology dive teams only? If open, do you know of any dive shops that do guided dives on it? Thanks in advance for any info you may have about Atlit Yam or diving in Israel in general. Cheers, Tracey

I don't know about this specific site but if it's an active archaeological site with work still being done by researchers I doubt it would be open to the public

You should visit Dahab for a day or two! We're an hour from Eilat

I don't know about this specific site but if it's an active archaeological site with work still being done by researchers I doubt it would be open to the public

You should visit Dahab for a day or two! We're an hour from Eilat
Thanks!

Welcome to Scubaboard!

There seems to be a good amount of info if you search for "Caesarea" or "Haifa" so I would probably start there. If you still have more questions, you might try posting in the one of the regional forums/dive clubs or perhaps asking one of the people who posted about their Caesarea/Haifa dives.

Happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom