【New Product】XTAR Pointer DL1 Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XTAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We are thrilled to share the launch of our new Pointer DL1 Dive Light! With 2000m ultra long green beam, it's ideal for diving instructors to lead the way up underwater. Powered by one xtar 18650 3500mAh battery, it has 32 hours hyper-long burn time, providing increased reliability, safety and extended exploration.

Check more details online: https://www.xtar.cc/product/xtar-pointer-dl1-dive-light.html

XTAR-DL1-%E8%8B%B1%E6%96%87%E6%A9%B1%E7%AA%97%E5%9B%BE01-1.jpg

XTAR-DL1-%E8%8B%B1%E6%96%87%E6%A9%B1%E7%AA%97%E5%9B%BE03-2.jpg

XTAR-DL1-%E8%8B%B1%E6%96%87%E6%A9%B1%E7%AA%97%E5%9B%BE02-9.gif

Their other torches have a press and hold to lock it off, surprised that this doesn't.

I'd be interested in trying one but also have concerns what it would do to the sea creatures eyes given they have no way of protection from bright laser light (they have no blink reflex)

Given the supposed range I'm guessing it's a 5mW laser to keep it legal for most countries, it probably doesn't need to be that powerful for pointing things out underwater to your buddies for a couple of meters, 1mw would probably be all that would be needed.

The 2000m is a silly marketing claim, the divergence in the beam would be huge, it would at best be a very faint green spotlight at that distance. (I've worked with high power lasers and it's not until you get into the watts of power that you get a beam that goes for kilometers)
And underwater the beam would be way worse.

Thanks for your kind comment! :)Would you like to test this Pointer DL1 light underwater and share your experience? I'll PM you.

Back
Top Bottom