NEW PRODUCT - Weight Pocket with Quick Release

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XS Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
SINGLE WEIGHT POCKET - QUICK RELEASE - Part Number WB101QR

This new weight pocket is of similar design of our popular Single Weight Pocket (part# WB101). A quick and inexpensive way for attachment of trim weight up to 5 pounds (shot bags or hard weight) to any 2" webbing.

What makes the new Quick Release Weight Pocket different is that the Velcro opening is reversed, pointed down. A micro-injection PVC badge is used for a puller. The PVC badge is reinforced to handle the stress of pulling the pocket open to allow the weight to fall free. The size of puller is designed to be just big enough to find, yet not be accidentally released. The puller is held tight against the pocket with Velcro with the end tab free. To release the weight pull the tab away from the pocket then down.

Like our weight belts and other weight pockets we use 1000d Cordura, real Velcro brand hook & loop and add bar-tacks to all stress points. Attachment is to any 2" webbing (weight belt webbing, harnesses, tank bands, etc), by sliding over the end of the webbing. All are black in color.

The new Quick Release Weight Pockets are in stock and available to XS Scuba Dealers. The suggested retail price is $15.00

Attachments

• QDsm.jpg
    QDsm.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 308
  • WB101QR_oopenxlg.jpg
    WB101QR_oopenxlg.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 268
  • WB101QR_rearxlg.jpg
    WB101QR_rearxlg.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 254
I just wanted to let you know that today I went to release the weights (fortunately on dry land before a dive to demonstrate to a friend) and the rubber piece that you pull ripped off on one of them. It tore right at the line where it is stitched. The weights stayed put, the rubber thing in my hand.

Ultimately I am not too concerned, it seems like I can still just grab the velcro and pull it open, but I thought you may want to know. In future versions you might want to use some other material as the "puller."

FWIW I purchased the weight pockets this winter, and dove with them 4 times before today.

ps, I am not looking for a refund or anything. Just thought it was worth mentioning. Although a person would probably **** their pants if it happened during an emergency...:11:

I just wanted to let you know that today I went to release the weights (fortunately on dry land before a dive to demonstrate to a friend) and the rubber piece that you pull ripped off on one of them. It tore right at the line where it is stitched. The weights stayed put, the rubber thing in my hand.

Ultimately I am not too concerned, it seems like I can still just grab the velcro and pull it open, but I thought you may want to know. In future versions you might want to use some other material as the "puller."

FWIW I purchased the weight pockets this winter, and dove with them 4 times before today.

ps, I am not looking for a refund or anything. Just thought it was worth mentioning. Although a person would probably **** their pants if it happened during an emergency...:11:

Why would you not be asking for a refund or replacement? At a minimum you should be asking for the defective pocket to be replaced. There is such a thing as a warranty.

My thoughts...

it still works, just not exactly as intended. It cost 15 dollars maybe? Not worth the hassle, and really, if I am properly weighted, I shouldn't need to drop any weight anyway...bla, bla.

I just wanted to say that while I like the design and reasonable price, that pull tab is the weak link and should be modified during future production.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom