New Poseidon Xtreme regs "settle a bet for me"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtsidford

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the new poseidon regs...Xtreme deep/deco/... My buddy and I are arguing on where the purge valve is on these. The front or the side?

It’s behind the (grey, green, white, depending on the model) rubber cover (with the Poseidon logo)—basically, it’s on the side.

While the valve itself is underneath the colored exhaust port, the actuator for the purge (manual purge button) is located at the end of the second stage on the mouthpiece side. Its a black rubber button... (ok, that makes it even more confusing, its best to take a look at one in person)...

Thanks all, bet solved. My roomate thought it was on the front cover and I thought it was on the side. Looks like a very small purge, any trouble using it with gloves on?

mtsidford:
Thanks all, bet solved. My roomate thought it was on the front cover and I thought it was on the side. Looks like a very small purge, any trouble using it with gloves on?

You purge it with your thumb...I have the repair manual (in German) if you want to check out a blown apart view of the reg...pm me your address and I will send it. The file is around 3 meg...

mtsidford:
No trouble at all. However, I'm making the assumption that you haven't dived with an Xstream (it seems a reasonable one). You'll get a HUGE blast of air (Nitrox, whatever) when you hit the purge -- it's best to close off your throat before you purge!

Now just get out and dive!

-Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom