New policy on lionfish in the park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a reason it didn't work and that's because you were using the wrong tool. If you had an ELF and pointed it the fish would not only go where you point it but also "sit", "stand" and "roll over" on your command with just the slightest motion of your hand. It's that good. For $200 would you expect anything less....?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

:popcorn:

***To everyone who read what I had posted here***

Sorry, I completely screwed up when I posted this reply. Wrong tool, and wrong location. I am a complete dolt.
attachment.php

Last edited:
xxxxx

Last edited:
One of the guides we were diving with, Hector from Scuba-Du, at Cedral Wall was feeding this guy, who followed us around like a dog the whole dive. He scored two Lion Fish that dive. This was last week.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 92
Hmm, can ANY DM take the course and use an ELF? Or only those who are listed as working for a registered dive op in the locality?

Hmm, can ANY DM take the course and use an ELF? Or only those who are listed as working for a registered dive op in the locality?
I can't believe they even have a course, or a new certification for that matter. This aint rocket surgery.... :confused:

I can't believe they even have a course, or a new certification for that matter. This aint rocket surgery.... :confused:

The "course" is something offered by the marine park here in cozumel, and as was discussed in detail, is along the lines of "training" in use of the specific tool that the park offers. The "certification" is a distinctive specialty created by an individual PADI Instructor and offered by that instructor only. If you don't want the certification don't seek out that individual instructor and ask her to teach you HER program. If you want to hunt lion fish in the marine park in cozumel, go to the marine park officials here in cozumel and ask them how to become one of their sanctioned killers. you're right; it ain't rocket surgery.

The "course" is something offered by the marine park here in cozumel, and as was discussed in detail, is along the lines of "training" in use of the specific tool that the park offers. The "certification" is a distinctive specialty created by an individual PADI Instructor and offered by that instructor only. If you don't want the certification don't seek out that individual instructor and ask her to teach you HER program. If you want to hunt lion fish in the marine park in cozumel, go to the marine park officials here in cozumel and ask them how to become one of their sanctioned killers. you're right; it ain't rocket surgery.

I don't feel a need to hunt lionfish in the park. The dive masters are doing a great job at that, and there are plenty of lionfish for the rest of us outside the park that could use a good killing. :D

As for the supposed Padi course. It reminds me of a joke I heard in Cozumel last week.

A boat was sinking with three groups of divers. One group was from the YMCA, another from NAUI, and the last from PADI.

The YMCA leader said, "Ok everybody, lets get streamlined and ditch the gear so we can swim to shore."

The NAUI leader said, " Ok everyone, lets put on our gear and head to shore along the bottom."

The PADI leader said, "Ok everyone, who would like to work on their Wreck Diving Certification?" :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom