new pic to critique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2 once bubbled...
....ys60 strobe TTL subject to camera 2ft, strobe to subject 4ft.

You have your strobe 2ft behind your camera? Am I reading that right? If so, most of your shot is out of strobe range for it to do you much good.

I would have probably used something more like 1/125 and f5.6.

Just my two cents, but...

The depth of field characteristics of the Nik 20mm lens render the small aperture of f16 largely unnecessary. You coulda opened up more and gotten more light on the background, reducing the main problem this photo appears to have, which is that it's on the dark side. The strong shadows and near-black background make the shot look artificial, which is generally not the idea in underwater photography (or was it a night dive?). The addition of another strobe would certainly help with the shadows, and could also light the background depending on how it's aimed.

Perhaps it is just the scan, but given the outstanding colours characteristics the film being used, the colours here look flat. How does the original look?

Composition is ok, but could be tighter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom