new Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So after an 8 year hiatus, I'm back to diving and intend to make up.
Prior to the woeful 8 years, I had approx 200-250 dives over 3 years with my suunto vyper.

Today, an okay suunto + wireless transmitter was only $200 less than a perdix AI.

So Perdix AI it is.

I mostly do 15 to 20 meter air dives.

Any tips?

Welcome back to diving:). It took me almost thirteen years to get back to it so don't feel too bad. I have the Perdix AI as well and I don't have to tell you it is a great piece of kit. I have had zero issues thus far but also probably less than 10 dives on it as well. The two best things to me (There are MANY BEST THINGS about it) are the ability to customize the screen and also cycle through different screens while on the dive as well. The legibility of it is also about perfect for me.

Make sure to download their app and PC software. The Bluetooth transfer for updating the firmware (Make sure to do this if you have not) and for downloading dives is super slick and the data it can give you is outstanding.

You might also want to think about doing two more things. I set mine to take a data point every 5 seconds as opposed to the 10 (I think it was 10 and one of the more recent firmware updates allowed for this change) it was set for initially. Also just bite the bullet and order you a pair of SAFT batteries for it. One of the instructors has dove over a year (so all the courses with students as well as all the dives necessary to further his certifications such as a Tech Diving Instructor) and it has just started to drop a little on the battery level.

Good luck, you will love it I am certain. :cool:

Well thank you very much for the elaborate response wafflebird.

I was considering the new pteric but, while having a dive watch that acts as a watch is nice, I don't particularly need to wear one as a watch and more importantly I prefer a model that's tried and in its mature stage.

It appears I'm already on the latest firmware (v65) , so thanks for the tip.

Looking forward to sharing my experience with it.

The tissue loading graph provides lots of information on days with multiple dives.

Odd. It worked for me until I go went back to it and then it was broken, now it's working again. You can do a search on "Shearwater tissue loading graph" to get to it too.

I've been doing mostly liveaboard trips these last few years, sometimes 25+ dives in 5 1/2 days. Very interesting, and reassuring, to see how the model deals with them. The slowest compartments accumulate a little build-up over the course of the week, but nothing problematic. It might be a different story if I was diving air, but I never do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom