Closed New Perdix AI with transmitter

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this may be too late but Energizer Max alkaline batteries have a no leak guarantee. I always seem to have Duracell batteries that corrode and/or leak. I agree its worth the effort to use a lithium battery in a Perdix.

Dove it at the end of December with no issues. Did my normal rinse on it, transferred my dives, and left it to hang dry in my laundry as I normally do. Went to check it today to ensure it was still good for my dive tomorrow and it wouldn't turn on. :(
Took the battery out and it looks like the battery leaked. Tried new batteries and even cleaned it up really good and still nothing. No corrosion or anything.
That's what I get for using Alkali batteries and not taking it out when it could not be used for a while.

That sucks.. I'm really sorry to hear that. Painful blow.

Please do let us know what Divetronix says and if you don't mind the cost if they can fix it at all. Would be interesting to know.

I think I need to have a look at what's in my perdix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom