New Pentax K7 DSLR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunate - I wish someone would make a good scuba housing for a decent Pentax DSLR. Too big an investment in lenses to add something else.

For what it is worth, I too am looking for a housing for my Pentax K-7. Since this thread ended last Nov, I will bet there are many more.

Just to add, I have several ikelite strobes as well.

any update on whether ikelite will produce a housing for this camera?

Wish it wasn't so... Got a DRP200 for my K20d, but am hoping to find something a bite more solid for my K7 before I take it under...

You mention having a DRP200 for your K20d, but it sounds like you are unhappy with it or don't think it sturdy enough. Could you clarify? Looks like its depth rating is 80 m (262 ft).

thanks for your review.

Layne

I understand that this forum was meant for the Ikelite products but you arent even providing a housing for the camera at hand. If you were producing a product that would suffice the clients needs and they talked about a competitors product, then I can understand why you would complain. But if I was not supplying what was being asked, I would suggest my clientele to someone who could help them. I know that if I ever needed help with anything, I go to my suppliers to get what I need and if they can't supply it for one reason or another, I would ask where they think I could find it. I understand where you are coming from and why your company does not plan to make an uw kit for the Pentax k7 but isnt it fine to help the members to find what they are looking for when you cant give them what they want? I also work in retail and I know my clients really enjoy when I can help them even if it means going outside my company. They really appreciate it when I can help them in any manner that I can and thats what brings them back to me. They trust my expertise and my help. I surely have not lost a customer from my help.
And it also avoids the idea that all you are is about the money and that you and your company wants to help your clientele when you won't help by supplying the product. I know I got vibes that I didn't want to purchase any more equipment from you guys because of that attitude.

I don't know if a Diveross representative monitors ScubaBoard, but I think as a courtesy it is best to discuss their products in an open forum that is not tied to another manufacturer's equipment. A more general forum may also solicit more information from other Diveross users who would have no reason to be in the Ikelite forum.

We do try to point customers in the right direction when we have useful information. I'm sorry if you've received poor service or negative "vibes." We certainly strive to be the most open, accessible and helpful possible.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Back
Top Bottom