New Orleans Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aujax

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning a trip to New Orleans next week from Thursday the 16th to Sunday the 19th. Just wanted to know how the diving is down there lately and what recommendations anyone has on where to go. Have the hurricanes ruined the diving down there this month?

Thanks!
aujax

There is nothing in the immediate area of New Orleans to dive other than the Lake - which is to my understanding shallow and relatively empty - although people do spearfish around the bridge according to one of the LDSs in Metairie, LA.

Otherwise, you'll be driving south then jumping a boat to get to the rigs.

The hurricanes haven't quite hit close enough to mess with our waters yet. *knocks on wood*

they say when a big hurricane hits NO it will be the next atlantis. so you could could dive the whole city if u wait a few days. haha

NO will have had closer calls than Ivan, Camille for example. Ivan is gonna be bad for AL and the panhandle of FL.

Brooklyn looks good to me right now. We're bracing for the worst. Hoping for the best.

Stay home and enjoy your weekend.

Beck

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to New Orleans next week from Thursday the 16th to Sunday the 19th. Just wanted to know how the diving is down there lately and what recommendations anyone has on where to go. Have the hurricanes ruined the diving down there this month?

Thanks!
aujax[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom