New options on Profile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I spotted 2 new options on profile: Age and Income.
I can choose a blank line for Age so that it will not show up in my profile.
But once you've chosen any option for Income it's there to stay because there's no blank line option present for Income. Please add a blank line for Income as well.

Furthermore, why is Income useful for a member's profile?
I can think of a few reasons why it could be interesting for advertisers but if I have a look at someone's profile I'm really not interested in their Income.

Great feedback! The fields are set to only show to you, and not to others. Dive info, your location, etc... is all personal information but demographics (which are optional fields mind you) are kept strictly confidential. We ask for this information because it helps us tailor the board to our users by letting us understand who visits the site.

's funny......I don't have those fields in my profile.

Hey there's no megagizillionaire option :D

Tech Admin:
Great feedback! The fields are set to only show to you, and not to others. Dive info, your location, etc... is all personal information but demographics (which are optional fields mind you) are kept strictly confidential. We ask for this information because it helps us tailor the board to our users by letting us understand who visits the site.
Sorry but that's not the way it's working.

I was just able to view a new members age and income ranges while looking at their public profile.

Odd, I'll take a look at that right away. All fixed (the fields only display during registration).

dlndavid:
Hey there's no megagizillionaire option :D

Doesn't have brazillions either.

For those that never heard the term..

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by
saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed in an accident'

"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"

His staff sit stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the
president sits, head in hands. Finally, the President looks up and asks..........
"How many is a Brazillion?!"

Its a sad day when people convert blonde jokes just to make fun of the president.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom