New Online Magazine - DEPTH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice article on the Farasan Banks. Malathu and Gorgonia are as great as described plus the coral walls are massive. The author describes some pretty tame drops whereas the ones I dived over five LOBs there yielded visibility down to 80-100m and then turned inky dark and bottomed out at 150-200m.

Seems like a travel brochure found in a dentist's waiting room. Pretty and about holidays -- if you've the money and possibilities to go there.

I enjoyed the article on shark feeding (I’m still against it). Navigating the magazine was a bit clunky on my iPad

Here's a link to a new online dive magazine called DEPTH.

Check it out...!

DEPTH Sept 2021

It's great to see a new venture like this.

Nice photos & stories. I appreciate the goal of the magazine, as expressed in the opening editorial.

However, the pervasive typographical inconsistencies, grammatical errors, idiosyncratic spelling, logical errors and other writing problems were a turn off.

At it's current cost ($0), in PDF format, I hope to enjoy reading future issues, but the copyediting and writing would make me hesitate about purchasing a subscription.

It's great to see a new venture like this.

Nice photos & stories. I appreciate the goal of the magazine, as expressed in the opening editorial.

However, the pervasive typographical inconsistencies, grammatical errors, idiosyncratic & spelling, logical errors and other writing problems were a turn off.

At it's current cost ($0), in PDF format, I hope to enjoy reading future issues, but the copyediting and writing would make me hesitate about purchasing a subscription.

I have to agree. I only read the Saudi article before I posted above. I went back for another look at other articles and clicked on one of the suggested links to an article by the Editor in Chief, Jill Holloway. While I applaud her intent and sentiment, her article was grossly substandard in grammar and development of the content.

Rather shameful that a non-native English speaker (contributing author Abdulrahman Khathlan) wrote a tidier article than a native-speaking English editor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom