New OMS/PST cylinders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anybody have one of these yet?

I'm talking about the PST E-series cylinders that OMS is supposedly now offering. I see they are on the OMS web site and my LDS has been prodding me to order some... but I am just wondering if anyone has actually put their hands on one.

Stephen Ash:

I'm talking about the PST E-series cylinders that OMS is supposedly now offering as their . I see they are on the OMS web site and my LDS has been prodding me to order some... but I am just wondering if anyone has actually put their hands on one.

I thought the OMS cylinders were made by Faber???

http://www.omsdive.com/cyl_spec.html

Looks like they stole the PST specs chart, then took a picture of some double 130s and photoshopped an OMS sticker onto them.

They don't exist, no one has ever seen them, despite the fact that they've been advertising them for months.

In any case, if they do ship them and they're cheaper than the PSTs, I'll buy them :wink:

Rumor has it...

...that OMS will no longer be getting their cylinders from Faber... that they will be using PST's product instead. Yahoo...if it's true!

Since my only option for steel cylinders via my shop is OMS, I am hoping that these PST E series cylinders - which OMS is promoting as their C-series - will actually materialize.

I am fully aware of OMS's tendency to advertize "vaporware"...ala my original question...has anyone actually put their hands on one of these tanks?

OMS has changed to PST within the last couple of weeks and they should be available already or soon.

Stephen Ash:

I'm talking about the PST E-series cylinders that OMS is supposedly now offering as their . I see they are on the OMS web site and my LDS has been prodding me to order some... but I am just wondering if anyone has actually put their hands on one.

Not from OMS, but I have bought them. I was at the Orlando Divers Direct store last week and they have the new E series in stock. I picked up a couple of the E-7 80's rated at 3442 PSI for my daughter. Go to www.diversdirect.com click on tanks and scroll down to see the PST E7 series. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom