New old diver from Louisville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Houngan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Howdy! My name is Matt, I've been certified since 1996-ish, but for various reasons I've only been on 20 or so dives, a bit of quarry work plus Roatan, Dominican, and Costa Rica. I'm heading back to Roatan, coincidentally, on the 17th-24th, unfortunately I just found this board so no Anthony's Key for me. I'm also starting to upgrade my equipment, so I hope you'll all help when I ask dumb questions in the gear forums.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.....enjoy your travels.

Hello Hougan and welcome to SB. Safe travels and diving!!!

Howdy! My name is Matt, I've been certified since 1996-ish, but for various reasons I've only been on 20 or so dives, a bit of quarry work plus Roatan, Dominican, and Costa Rica. I'm heading back to Roatan, coincidentally, on the 17th-24th, unfortunately I just found this board so no Anthony's Key for me. I'm also starting to upgrade my equipment, so I hope you'll all help when I ask dumb questions in the gear forums.

Hi...How was Roatan ?? I just booked a trip there and have not been before...a little nervous to be honest...mostly dive in Cozumel and wondering if I can expect the same or better or ??? How about eats in the area and watering holes too ? Thanks, would have joined on this trip too if I had looked at this site I joined 2 years ago sooner than now :-(

I don't think anything bad can be said about the diving, it's a massive, thriving reef and the prices are exceptional.

As for eating and drinking, depends on where you're staying. If you're in the West End, then Sundowner's is the main watering hole. They serve good basic bar food. If you want something better, the Argentinian restaurant across the street from them is high-end for the island, and for a great out of the way place, go up the road (away from the main drag) and take a left, The Lily Pond House. Weird little artsy place with a friendly owner and chef, who is quite good. Otherwise it's all bar food unless you find a local spot.

Back
Top Bottom