New North Carolina Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello! I guess the best thing to say is probably a bit of a cliche as far as diving goes, but I've wanted to get into scuba diving for a long time, and loved it from the first time I went. That was a little over a year ago, and I'm looking to really expand my dive resume (I only have 8 dives logged so far). I'll have my own gear soon and just wanted to make a few acquaintances/talk scuba with anyone willing to give a beginner their time.

Hello Garret Dyer and welcome to North Carolina and to the world of diving. My name is Bryan Stafford, co-owner and lead instructor for Lake Hickory Scuba & Marina. Our shop is only 45 minutes from the Charlotte area, and we are active members of the PDRA as well. If you ever need anything feel free to gives us a call or just stop by. We are open 7 days a week.

that quarry is the PDRA quarry I mentioned, you do have to join, but it's like $100/year and you get 24/7 unlimited access to that quarry and two others which is nice

Oh that's very cool. I read somewhere that they send out keys. I guess they lock the place up at night, but give members access still? I have the registration page open, and liked the FB page already.

Oh that's very cool. I read somewhere that they send out keys. I guess they lock the place up at night, but give members access still? I have the registration page open, and liked the FB page already.

they leave the gates closed and locked 24/7. You unlock the gate, enter, and relock behind you.

Hello Garrett Dyer and welcome to SB. Happy and safe diving!

Back
Top Bottom