New North Carolina Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrett Dyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello! I guess the best thing to say is probably a bit of a cliche as far as diving goes, but I've wanted to get into scuba diving for a long time, and loved it from the first time I went. That was a little over a year ago, and I'm looking to really expand my dive resume (I only have 8 dives logged so far). I'll have my own gear soon and just wanted to make a few acquaintances/talk scuba with anyone willing to give a beginner their time.

make sure that you get on the facebook groups for your area and join the PDRA. You have an extremely active group of divers around you and many that are very willing to help new divers. If you haven't ordered gear yet, you are more than welcome to look at any of mine or if you want to test drive it, let me know. I know several others that are a bit closer to you that would offer the same

make sure that you get on the facebook groups for your area and join the PDRA. You have an extremely active group of divers around you and many that are very willing to help new divers. If you haven't ordered gear yet, you are more than welcome to look at any of mine or if you want to test drive it, let me know. I know several others that are a bit closer to you that would offer the same

Thanks for the info and the offer, that's really nice of you! I'll check out those groups, and I very well may take you up on that since I'm looking at a few packages online and have yet to purchase most of my gear. I'd like to support a local shop, so I may check one out this weekend to see if there are comparable prices. Any shop out this way that stands out to you for one reason or another?

If you haven't posted there yet, there is a NC subforum under SE USA, under US forum.

Welcome! There is a lot of good information on here. I've had a lot of my questions answered without people knowing they've answered them. I have spent countless hours reading through the archives.

Make sure you make it down to the coast when things get warmer.

That's a very generous offer from tbone

Garrett:

Where do you anticipate doing your diving in the near term future?

North Carolina has some sweet diving, albeit the off-shore stuff gets deep. When I was researching for my trip to Morehead City, N.C. to dive with sand tiger sharks, I found there was a lot of info. out there, but scattered all over the place. Pulling it together into a cohesive narrative that let me decide where to go, when & with who (or even how to fly in) was a chore. So I included that info. and outside links in my trip report. Maybe something in it will help you:

Morehead City, NC August 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...us-dive-center-aug-9-13-2015-trip-report.html

Richard.

Garrett:

Where do you anticipate doing your diving in the near term future?

North Carolina has some sweet diving, albeit the off-shore stuff gets deep. When I was researching for my trip to Morehead City, N.C. to dive with sand tiger sharks, I found there was a lot of info. out there, but scattered all over the place. Pulling it together into a cohesive narrative that let me decide where to go, when & with who (or even how to fly in) was a chore. So I included that info. and outside links in my trip report. Maybe something in it will help you:

Morehead City, NC August 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...us-dive-center-aug-9-13-2015-trip-report.html

Richard.

I'm actually new to NC as well as diving, so there's still a lot for me to discover. I'm near a quarry by Lake Norman, so I thought that would be a good local place to get up to speed with my gear once it's all purchased. That link just gave me a lot to look forward to though!

that quarry is the PDRA quarry I mentioned, you do have to join, but it's like $100/year and you get 24/7 unlimited access to that quarry and two others which is nice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom