new nikon d7000!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will probably be doing landscapes/buildings maybe some wildlife attempts.
Those are located on the opposite sides of the spectrum :)

In your shoes I would go with a normal 35 mm as they are cheap and always good to have regardless

Wildlife ? You can easy get to a 10k for a lense. Landscapes - d7000 is far from being a camera for that purpose. Do not think about wide angle range as a tool "to fit them all".
Id you get 18-200 you can get a taste of different focal lengths but it is hardly the best. It is an OK lense and you have to know when and how to use it to get good results. Im still learning it :) you can get sharp images with it as well as soft there are a lot of factors.

Most of this depends on what kind of photography you indulge in. The only kit lens I have is an old 18-70. It works well stopped down a bit. The lens will do most of the walk around stuff. The D7000 has good high iso so in most situations, you can stop down even an inexpensive lens a bit to get them in their "sweet" spots. The kit lenses seem to require a bit of stopping down. If you have a need to shoot a lens wide open on its F stop, you should get a lens that has a fixed F stop and preferably a Prime (fixed focal length lens).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom