New Movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looks like a good movie, I'll be watching for it to come out in July.

I attended the Scuba in Ten City tour two weeks ago in NYC. There was a rep from Stuart Cove's dive Bahamas who said all the underwater sets for the movie "Into the blue" are part of the movie site dive package. You can see the sets for a few of the James Bond movies along with a few other movies that I forgot. From what I remember, he said there was a set that had a fake plane from into the blue that was just some tubes and a sheet but looked real good during filming. He also showed a photo of a wreck that looked awsome that was also fake but used in the movie. The rep stated that the movie crews painted some stuff gold to make it look like treasure in the movie. I saw the preview, it looks like a ok flick. Might check it out. Would really like to go and dive the movie sets. :)

I dove in Nassau while they were filming. At least one of the planes is real, and a great dive. The film crew was working from the next marker over, and we wer asked to stay out of the area where they were, but got to dive lots around lots of the props that were not being used. As an added bonus, they were filming in the shark pit, and caused a few to move away and hang out with us for a while. We never did see Alba above or below the surface, but you can't win them all. It sure seems like forever since they did the filming. I assumed it was never going to come out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom