New MK10 & D300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a MK-5, not a MK-10. The ambient chamber holes where water is allowed into the spring chamber are the dead giveaway. On a MK-5 they are part of the cap (part between the main body and the swivel ), in the MK-10 the holes are in the main body. The reg in the photo clearly shows them in the cap. There are 2 caps for the MK-5, the "regular" one and the spec one which has smaller holes- that is a spec one.

Thanks for the clarification guys. Next question, as I mentioned, this is brand new and hasn't touched by water. Should I use it or just admire it in a case? Hahaha. I've got what I'm assuming is a MK10 spec beside it. Should I service this and use it instead? I've also got a serviced 108 and 109. Also, I'm diving mostly warm waters (Great Barrier Reef as I live in Queensland, au or Philippines if I visit relatives) will the spec be at a disadvantage? Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_6908.JPG
    IMG_6908.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 76
IMHO, the smaller ambient chamber holes make it less favorable to me due to making it harder to clean/flush. For that reason, I'd use the MK-10 in salt water. But, that's just me. Folks have been diving this model/design for decades all around the world. I have pristine MK5 & MK10 firsts and 108/109/156 seconds that are fresh water babies. I won't put them in salt water. I actually picked up some used MK20/g250's for that... Yeah, I'm wierd that way.. YMMV.

I would pick one, check the IP and if it's stable, put the 109 and 108 on it and go diving.

mark10.jpg
So apparently this is a Mark5 Spec with a different turret.

sisidmarino, I dive this stuff like it's as good as new. Which it probably is. (Paired with my 108 and 109.)

Yeah, I'm really keen. I'll give both regs a test run this week at the local pool and I'll let you know how it goes. So far, plan is, I'll pair the mk5+d300 with a glide 500 and I'll use the mk10+109&108 occy with my knighthawk. Both BCD's have air2 so it will be a mix of old and new. Hahaha.

Thanks. I noticed that yoke wasn't as beefy as others.

Back
Top Bottom