New MK10 & D300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one thing is that mine has this hour glass shaped dust cap which is present on the MK10. Looks exactly like this.

That is a Mk10, but that inlet protector was used on a number of 1st stages of that era.

I have one like that. Looks like that may be the Mk1. I believe the guts are same as Mk5. I have never looked. I thought of using it on a pony but I think the Mk2/3 is a better choice.
Swivel turret? My turret looks like the Mark 5 Environ. I wonder if there are some variations that aren't on the "timeline"

sisidmarino,

What's your ip ? Mine came back at 130. For some reason I expected a little higher.

The Mk-1 is the same internal as the Mk-5. The only difference is that the Mk-1 has only one LP port at the end with no swivel.

Hahaha. I'm now a little confused. I'm here in Cairns for a work trip and didn't really bring this set with me. When I pick up my mk5 & 108 that I had serviced next week, I'll get them to test this new set. Getting me excited!

Mine seems to have the ambient ports of the Mark 5 but it only has 1 hp port and it doesn't have an access port in the end.

Swivel turret? My turret looks like the Mark 5 Environ. I wonder if there are some variations that aren't on the "timeline"

I'm sorry. I mixed up your post and sisidmarino's post. 4 LP ports would be a mid-production Mk5.

Between number of options ports and number and size of HP ports, there are quite a few versions of the Mk5. They are also different on yoke spec and ambient chamber design.

Lower ip for cold water? Good to know.. Hard to say where I'll dive it. Hopefully Bonaire soon. My favorite Mark 9 is creeping and I may have a problem getting someone to service it.

Thanks all by the way.

Problem solved. VDH does work on the MK9's

Last edited:
Hi folks. Here are some close up shots of the first and second stage. As far as I've checked it's an MK10 as per the Scubapro website. It has 4 LP and 2 HP ports. Main difference I saw between the mk5 and this was the hourglass shaped dust cap. Experts out there? Comments? Just got back from a work trip and will get this baby checked before I get it wet.

Attachments

• IMG_6907.JPG
    IMG_6907.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6900.JPG
    IMG_6900.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6900.JPG
    IMG_6900.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6900.JPG
    IMG_6900.JPG