New MK10 & D300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm. Your "Mk 10" looks like a Mk 5 to me. Can someone with better eyes confirm?

EDIT: Nevertheless, the Mk 5 is an excellent 1st stage, too!

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

What happens when you hook it to a tank? Is the IP stable? Does it cycle? Any leaks in the stages?

Haven't brought it to a tech yet. Just wondering what level of service as this is basically a brand new reg set. Price tags, box and all.

Yes, it is a Mk5, newer version with heavy yoke and 5 port turret. I prefer it over a Mk10 because of the larger piston head.

Problem with taking it to a tech is some (many), will insist it must be fully serviced if they will touch it at all. Scuba pro no longer supports the D-seriesso parts are not "officially" available. I suggest you call around to find a tech who will help.

awap,

I have a similar reg with a 4 port turret. Does that mean it's a Mark 10? Anyway, Scubatoys just serviced that one for me.

awap,

I have a similar reg with a 4 port turret. Does that mean it's a Mark 10? Anyway, Scubatoys just serviced that one for me.

All Mk10 have 5 port turrets. Mk5s came with 1, 2, 4, or 5.

All Mk10 have 5 port turrets. Mk5s came with 1, 2, 4, or 5.
I've never seen a Mk5 with only one lp port. I still have my original very early MK5, and it has two ports.

The one thing is that mine has this hour glass shaped dust cap which is present on the MK10. Looks exactly like this.

Attachments

• IMG_6804.PNG
    IMG_6804.PNG
    209.8 KB · Views: 65
Mine seems to have the ambient ports of the Mark 5 but it only has 1 hp port and it doesn't have an access port in the end.

I have one like that. Looks like that may be the Mk1. I believe the guts are same as Mk5. I have never looked. I thought of using it on a pony but I think the Mk2/3 is a better choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom