New Mistral

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Continuing on some previous remarks. The double hose is designed to work best when the regulator box presses against the divers back. This is accomplished by using a twin tank set with tanks no larger than 6.75 inches diameter, and NO BACKPACK. The Navy 5 point harness system is the way to go. If a pack is used, then the tanks should be no larger than 5.5 inches in diameter. Tanks in that size range can be used to make doubles and triples but the doubles work best. Unfortunately, there is no standard manifold or bands which allow the tighter spacing which these tanks could afford. They could be custom made but the logical configuration for the tanks would be twin 70's or twin 38's in their various permutations.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree with the observation on small twin cylinders. After not finding some old steel twins in a timely fashion I built a set of twin aluminum 50s. They are on custom bands on a Sherwood twin outlet manifold. I use them on a tech style Hammerhead backplate system which allows the tanks to sit as close to the back and as low as the old harness style arrangment plus it allows the flexibility to dive several configurations on the same back plate, single, doubles, tech, modern, vintage.
I learned on a double hose, I love them and dive them as do a growing number of divers. Dan and Linda have a great site and forum, pleae check out the other forum and support site mentioned by ivan69. Both forums are active and share members. Join up--there is no official joining--just get on the forums and say hello!
Just did some double hose diving over this weekend--great fun.
N

Back
Top Bottom