New Meridian computer from Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cocobello

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for any information out there on the new SCUBAPRO Meridian dive computer. It is a take off of the Aladin 2G, but thinner. Any ideas, pro or con would be appreciated, before I drop some coin on this thing.

Thank you

Alex
Wisconsin, USA

I'm also keen to see any feedback from anyone who may have got their hands on a demo or something.

I read somewhere (possibly a post on one these forums) that it was in fact the Sol/Luna software (less the AI) with a compact watch face display. The user manual for it is available on the ScubaPro website if you want to check it out. My first take on it is that it looks like a great little unit with a relatively user friendly interface. I'm a big fan of the reverse display backlight among other things.

One of my LDS (Australia) has indicated that they'll be receiving shipments around the 20th of March so I'm guessing that we'll start to hear more information in a couple of weeks.

I played with it at DEMA last year. it's pretty slick, and it does run on the Aladdin software, so it's pretty simple to use. I'm probably going to grab one whenever it ends up becoming available (not holding my breath, though)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?po3ly5

We should have the meridians in by the end of the month, or I should say, we should have them by the end of the month considering we will have a free seminar on how to use them and the features on the tech gear from a scubapro sales rep the second week of April.

*UPDATE*
The Meridian is being shipped to dealers starting this week.
If interested you can order presale on our website.

Is Uwatec still the OEM manufacturer? For some reason, the shots I've seen of the display have more of a classic Seiko OEM look to them.....

It is still uwatec. Scubapro has just started dropping Uwatec's name to make it less confusing for people when they see uwatec and scubapro. They came out with the watch style so they could have a watch computer that could be worn in everyday situations not just while diving. Also we just got some of our Meridian computers in today!

Can you please give us a small review on the meridian? I'm guessing you guys have had a couple of dives with the computer? How does it perform? How does it compare to the aladin 2g? What about ease of use at depth?

Back
Top Bottom