New member with question about Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:snorkels: I have been diving for a few years now and am PADI Advanced. I am going to Cancun next month and have been looking at several dive companies. Manta, Scuba Cancun and Solo Buceo are ones that I wondered about. One reason I was interested in Solo was that we are staying at the hotel where it is located and it would be a lot more convienient.

I would like to do Cozumel dives and perhaps a wreck. Any suggestions about which to use?

Well, depends who you talk to...I've heard of problems with Solo. I dove with Scuba Cancun and they were great. I have a buddy that dove with them, and he had a horror story....

Scuba Cancun or Manta. I've not decided who to dive with when I go down the end of August. But you have to get a cenote or two in....I'm trying to make arrangements for that with Pez Diablo (Dennis) from Diablo Divers. He is a regular on the board.

Let me know how you make out. We love Cancun!

Well, it would be very unfair of me to recommend or to not recommend a particular Cancun dive operation, since I have worked for most of them... but, the first two places that you mentioned have been in the business for several decades and have great reputations. Also, Aquaworld, in Cancun is one of the best PADI educational facilities and CDCs in the world...

I leave for Cancun on the 18th and I have made up my mind to book my dives with Manta, after speaking with Mimi the owner. They are going to accommodate all of the dives that I want to accomplish and the customer service has been great. I had looked at most of the other shops that you mentioned and Manta is the one that won my business.

Back
Top Bottom