New member, Recommendations for Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all! I'm an experienced diver who is just joining the Scubaboard. I'm heading to Hawaii next week and wondering what dive shops are currently recommended on Maui and Hawaii. In the past I've gone diving with Ed Robinsons on Maui, and Jacks Diving Locker on the Big Island.

I'm diving single now, so no tank rental/beach diving for me on this trip.

Thanks!

howdy and welcome from south Florida....i dove with Mike Severn divers when in Maui.....

I was also diving on my own on the Big Island. I used Kona Honu for a few boat dives and for the Manta night dive. They had a good operation and I'm glad I went with an experienced shop for the Manta, since there are so many boats on that site. Even though it was crowded, still pretty incredible. Kona Honu had the logistics down. But, big boats aren't my favorite.

My preference is for shore diving, so I did most of my dives in Puako with Puako Dive Company . This was awesome - just what I wanted. All shore dives, totally uncrowded, dive your tank/computer, lots of life, turtle cleaning stations. One of my best dive memories. Richard & Laura offer a very personalized experience. If you're staying in Kona, it's about an hour north, but worth it for me.

We also spent some time in Hilo and I did some shore dives with Nautilus Dive Center. The dive center was great, but the dives were a little less impressive than Puako. Here's some pics to whet your appetite: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjJzWGuN

Welcome to Scuba Board. If on the big island, go to Jack's Diving Locker and/or Big Island Divers both in Kona.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom