New Member Ranks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
A while back this subject came up but more side discussions arrose than suggestions. Right now we have a rather default set of user ranks which I would like to change around to make them, well, more fun and better related to Scuba. If you have a suggestion for one, two or every level of rank please post them here.

Our current rank sys is as follows:
New Member 1 Star - Minimum Posts: 0
Junior Member 1.5 Stars - Minimum Posts: 25
Regular Member 2 Stars - Minimum Posts: 50
Regular Member 2.5 Stars - Minimum Posts: 75
Regular Member 3 Stars - Minimum Posts: 100
Regular Member 3.5 Stars - Minimum Posts: 250
Senior Member 4 Stars - Minimum Posts: 500
Senior Member 4.5 Stars - Minimum Posts: 750
ScubaBoard Veteran 5 Stars - Minimum Posts: 1000

Tech Admin:
A while back this subject came up but more side discussions arrose than suggestions. Right now we have a rather default set of user ranks which I would like to change around to make them, well, more fun and better related to Scuba. If you have a suggestion for one, two or every level of rank please post them here.

Our current rank sys is as follows:
Hmm how about somthing like:

Guppy 1 Star - Minimum Posts: 0
Minnow 1.5 Stars - Minimum Posts: 25
Clownfish 2 Stars - Minimum Posts: 50
Grouper 2.5 Stars - Minimum Posts: 75
Morray 3 Stars - Minimum Posts: 100
Stingray 3.5 Stars - Minimum Posts: 250
Nurse Shark 4 Stars - Minimum Posts: 500
Reef Shark 4.5 Stars - Minimum Posts: 750
Great White Shark 5 Stars - Minimum Posts: 1000

The fish names are just off the top of the head, I'm more suggesting the theme....

I think the current set up is quite satisfactory.

Didn't we recently have the ability to customize out rank lines? I went to change it today and can't seem to find where the option to do this has gone.

Marc

I agree with keeping the ranking as is. It's more adult. If you went with cutsey names I would feel that little Shirley Temple was running the board.

BigJetDriver69:
Tech Admin:
Question for "He Who Must Not Be Named"---How does one cause an e-mail address in the signature block to show up as a link?

Rob
If you type it in like this (but without the spaces) you will get a link:
[url = www.etc.com]www.etc.com[ /url] it will look like this www.etc.com and be a link to that site. Put it in your sig line and you are golden :wink:

BigJetDriver69:
Question for "He Who Must Not Be Named"---How does one cause an e-mail address in the signature block to show up as a link?
If you put your email address in a post or PM, it'll automatically look like this: DandyDon@ScubaBoard.com as the (blanks added to prevent action) [ email]DandyDon@Scuba.Board.com [ /email] will be added. For a Sig, you need to add those codes.

Cick the reply button to see my codes.

simbrooks:
If you type it in like this (but without the spaces) you will get a link:
[url = www.etc.com]www.etc.com[ /url] it will look like this www.etc.com and be a link to that site. Put it in your sig line and you are golden :wink:
No - actually, this is true for site links, not email addresses. Again, the [ url] is automatically added in posts and PMs, but not so in Sigs.

You can also hyperlink: [ url=www.etc.com]Etc[ /url] becomes Etc

Back
Top Bottom