New member in Delaware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ross19966

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

New member in Rehoboth Beach, DE. I've been certified for 30 years or so. I got into commercial diving right after getting my OW cert. I've done search and recovery, underwater inspection and general recreational diving. I did that for 10 years or so in Maine then moved away from the ocean. Now we are back on the ocean and getting back into diving with all new gear. I was diving in a DUI dry suit, backplate and harness with no wing or BC. This time I'm thinking DUI Yukon, backplate, harness with a wing. I didn't have any issues from not using a wing, but I'm older and wiser now.

The nearest air fill station is an hour drive so I'm thinking about buying a $4000 compressor to fill tanks. It will never pay for itself. It's more of a convenience thing. I haven't looked into the local volunteer fire station, but I know someone there and if I volunteer, they might hook me up.

Looking forward to getting back under water and I'm sure I'll have some questions.

Welcome to the world of Scubaboard! Congrats on the move back to the salty air! There are some great threads here from trip reports, equipment reviews and videos about diving.
Your own personal air station does sound pretty sweet.

Welcome. If you dive locally, some trip reports would be interesting to see. Not a place I hear of much.

Richard.

Welcome! I love Rehoboth Beach, have several friends that live there and visit several times a year. It’s such a nice place. I’m surprised that there isn’t a shop that’s closer!

There used to be a shop in Rehoboth but the owner had a stroke a number of years ago and the shop in Dover bought his inventory. Dover is now the closest shop. Wife is in the process of getting her OW there now. We are taking a trip to the Keys in March with the shop where she will do her OW cert and I plan to do my advanced and rescue diver. This summer I want to move up to dive master and maybe instructor next year.

There used to be a shop in Rehoboth but the owner had a stroke a number of years ago and the shop in Dover bought his inventory. Dover is now the closest shop. Wife is in the process of getting her OW there now. We are taking a trip to the Keys in March with the shop where she will do her OW cert and I plan to do my advanced and rescue diver. This summer I want to move up to dive master and maybe instructor next year.
I'm based in Miami. If you have any questions about South Florida diving, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Back
Top Bottom